The California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) seeks dynamic faculty candidates for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor in the Computer Engineering Program starting August 2015. CSUF is an urban university located in Orange County, surrounded by high technology industry and a diverse community. For more information about the program, please visit our website at: http://www.fullerton.edu/ecs/cpe
Faculty members regularly teach all levels of computer engineering courses for majors and non-majors, advise students, serve on academic committees, and contribute to Program and University governance. Faculty members are expected to be team players willing to contribute to the mission of the Computer Engineering Program, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and the University. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, research, refereed publishing, and participation in the university and the profession. Candidates from groups traditionally underrepresented in engineering are encouraged to apply.
Areas of specialization
The desired areas of specialization for this position include computer architecture, computer security, computer vision, RF communications, computer networks, mobile computing, digital system design and verification, embedded systems, hardware-software co-design, High-Performance Computing (HPC), image and signal processing, mixed-signal design, nanotechnology, neural networks, pattern recognition, robotics, intelligent transportation systems, and VLSI design. However, outstanding candidates in other areas of Computer Engineering who can interface with sister programs in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering will be considered.
- A Ph.D. with undergraduate and graduate degrees in computer engineering or in electrical engineering. ABD’s may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the time of appointment. Only visiting appointments could be possible if the degree is delayed.
- Background to teach undergraduate and graduate courses as well as computer hardware-based laboratory courses.
- Recent research experience as evidenced by publications in refereed venues within the last three years.
- Ability to articulate a coherent agenda for collaborative research and scholarship and to identify potential sources to support research.
- Research potential and a commitment to teaching.
- Ability and willingness to support undergraduate and graduate teaching needs of the program.
- Ability and willingness to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues.
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CSU Fullerton operates on a semester system that enables faculty to teach in January and/or during the summer for additional salary. Faculty may also apply for intramural grants to do research during those months. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans, spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver, access to campus child-care, and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.asp
A complete on-line application/resume must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/jobs, click on “University Employment”, select “Faculty Opportunities”, then click on “Search” to view all job listings or type in 7288BR in the “AutoReqId” section to bring up the position to submit and upload the following materials with your application:
1. Cover letter describing teaching and research experiences and interest
2. Sample syllabi and recent publication relevant to the position
3. Current curriculum vitae
The finalists for the position will be contacted in early May and required to submit original graduate transcripts, and three current letters of recommendation.
Applicants are encouraged to submit the materials early since evaluation will take place on a rolling basis. The recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. Please contact (657) 278-5987 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.