The California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) seeks faculty candidates for a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor in the Computer Engineering Program starting August 2013. CSUF is an urban university located in Orange County, surrounded by high technology industry and a diverse community. For more information about the program, please visit our website at http://www.fullerton.edu/ecs/cpe
Faculty member will regularly teach all levels of computer engineering courses for majors and non-majors; advise students; serve on academic committees; and contribute to Program and University governance. Faculty members are expected to be team players willing to contribute to the mission of the Computer Engineering Program, College of Engineering and Computer Science and the University. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, research, refereed publishing, and participation in the university and the profession.
Applicants must have the following attributes:
- An earned Ph.D. with specialization in areas such as computer/information security engineering, research emphasis on embedded systems security, secure computing, secure hardware, hardware-based intrusion detection and prevention, and hardware based computer security that offers an alternative to software only computer system security and high performance computing.
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees in computer engineering or in electrical engineering with sub-specialization in computer engineering.
- Research potential and a commitment to teaching are expected.
- Ability and willingness to support undergraduate and graduate teaching needs of the program.
- Background to teach laboratory and graduate courses as well as engage in research in their own subspecialty.
- Ability and willingness to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues is required.
- Recent research experience as evidenced by publications in refereed venues within the last three years is required.
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CSU Fullerton operates on a semester system that enables faculty to teach in January and/or during the summer for additional salary. Faculty may also apply for intramural grants to do research during those months. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care as well as affordable housing program; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/Documents/Benefits/Faculty_Unit_3.pdf
Job Control Number
For consideration, send a letter of application, your curriculum vita and the names and contact information (address, phone/FAX and email preferred) for three references to (electronic submissions can be sent to email@example.com):
Chair, Search Committee
Computer Engineering Program
Room E – 100G
College of Engineering and Computer Science
California State University, Fullerton
Fullerton, California 92834
Review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please contact (657) 278 – 5987 or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal Opportunity/
Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer
Achieving A Climate of Success Through Diversity & Equity