Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Programs
The Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Programs guides and assists faculty, staff and administration to ensure equal employment opportunity and foster a diverse and inclusive work environment. Through the provision of consultation and training, the Office will be responsible for promoting the recruitment and retention of a diverse and highly qualified staff and faculty. More specifically, the Office's duties include:
- Monitoring staff and faculty recruitments to ensure compliance with federal equal employment opportunity laws.
- Providing diversity recruitment training, with respect to strategies and procedures, to search committees.
- Compiling the annual federal affirmative action report and communicating the relevant demographic data to the administration and to faculty search committees.
- Providing diversity training to departments in an effort to address climate concerns and foster cross-cultural communication.
- Building resources that search committees may rely upon to better ensure a large, diverse and highly qualified applicant pool.
- Acting as a liaison between ethnicity-based community groups and organizations, to strengthen external relations and favorably influence CSUF recruitment and retention efforts.
- Acting as an HRDI liaison with each of the employee resource groups (ERGs) on campus, to offer support and recommend linkages between their work and the University's Strategic Plan.
- Working in partnership with the staff and director of Employment Services, to reconcile the efforts of both units, toward achieving a highly qualified and diverse faculty and staff.
- Providing the leadership required to ensure that HRDI successfully continues its role as a cultural architect, moving the University toward meaningful change--beneficial to students, staff, faculty and administration.
Complaints of discrimination, based on a legally protected category, are handled in the HRDI Office of Faculty and Staff Labor/Employee Relations. The legally protected categories include: age (40 and over); ancestry; color; religious creed; disability; marital status; medical condition; denial of FMLA; military or veteran status; national origin; race; sex; gender (including gender identity and gender expression); and sexual orientation.
Requests for Accomodation
A request for a reasonable accommodation, based on a disability, should be made through the HRDI Office of Risk Management.